Pray first, remain calm, get the facts, communicate and connect.
Message from your school counselor – Mrs. Howard
4-minute video for parents
Resources from Child and Family Guidance of Texoma including a variety counseling services available.
Managing the STRESS:
- A pandemic is a terrible thing to waste – This 5-minute video provides a glimps at RE-framing this experience which can make a significantly positive impact on stress levels.
- 3-minute video from Mrs. Howard to the students on managing your stress
- Grounding exercises for the young or old to calm anxiety
- Great article on the same by the College Essay Guy
- How to talk to your child/teen about COVID-19
- American School Counselor Assoc COVID-19 resources
Cultivating Meaningful Conversations – Use this unique opportunity to connect with your children!
Social distancing should be worded “physical distancing”. Socially and emotionally we can and need to connect more than ever. HomeChats is a resource to help families do just that. Growing Leaders is now offering 8 free one-page conversation guides to enable you and your kids to discuss and build relevant leadership and life skills.
Here is a guide to filling this time with teachable moments – TALKING POINTS