- Austin College – 1st – 12th grade; various subjects, available during the academic school year only, call 903-813-2333 or request a tutor online at: http://www.austincollege.edu/campus-life/service-station/austin-college-tutoring/
For a Fee
- TCS High School Students: Email Mrs. Howard to request a TCS high school student tutor
- Dawn Cox – Math, Reading Comprehension, Writing for all ages, ACT/SAT/TSI Prep; (903) 819-1260
- Jan Conyers – Reading specialist and any subject for Elementary (903) 815-5182; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Georgette Wiese – All subjects, Math specialty (K-9th); (903) 818-9503 (cell)
- Lisa Langford – Reading and Language (K-6) and Math (K-3rd); (903) 821-2490; email@example.com
- Jane Johnson – Math Tutor (9 -12) (903) 821-8774; firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning RX Centers
1800 N. Travis St., Suite E
Sherman, TX 75092
Live Online Tutoring Services Resources
Tutor Doctor – http://www.savethegrade.com/tutoring-services/xskills
This resource has tutors available that can come to your location to meet with your child. They also offer assistance with study skills, time management, planning and organization.
Speech and Language Therapist
The Rehabilitation Center
(903) 893-7457; 1216 Hillcrest Drive, Sherman, Tx 75092
Frisco Reading Ranch Tutorial Center
Founded, privately owned and operated by a Reading & Language Specialist who advocates quality literacy for Early Readers/Writers, At-Risk Readers & Dyslexia (Pre K thru 4th Grade).
6991 W Pecan St Suite 200
Frisco, TX 75034
Websites for academic and homework assistance:
- http://wonderopolis.org/ This website offers information about science, technology, engineering and math as well as many other “wonders”! Parents can also find educational apps that students can use during downtime, like commuting.
- www.classzone.com Listen on-line to your textbooks
- www.tutor.com 24 hour access to on line tutoring & homework help
- www.headsprout.com – A website for Reading and phonics help.
- www.handwritingworksheets.com– help with elementary handwriting skills
- www.answers.com – a research engine that “returns answers rather than the hundreds of often unrelated links obtained in keyword hits”.
- www.factmonster.com – find help on specific subjects
- www.studygs.net – Test taking and numerous study skills strategies
- www.mla.org – this site provides information on the MLA writing style taught by our English department
- www.membean.com – for vocab building for the SAT and more
Other Tips for Good Grades:
- Use your planner daily
- Keep up with your homework
- Keep up with returned grades
- Ask questions in class; PARTICIPATE!
- Ask your teacher for one-on-one help